Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DAMN. I NEVER KNEW IAN CURTIS' GRAVE STONE WAS STOLEN IN JULY..



Hand it to Pitchfork.com to reveal something I didn't catch onto before.. Ian Curtis, The extremely talented Front Man for Joy Division who are absolutely main influences on some great bands, Including: Interpol, The Killers, Editors, & Even Bono Said That They Were One Of The Greatest Bands EVER & That He Wept For Ian. The Singer Was Depicted Brilliantly In The Amazing Indie Film CONTROL & It Broke My Heart!! Like The Book By Benjamin Nugent: "Elliott Smith & The Big Nothing," I Understand How They Felt & It Is Something That I Deal With Everyday.. But, What The F#CK??!!! A??!

From Wikipedia, I Got A Little Info On The Way He Ultimately Wanted It..

Curtis's last live performance was on 2 May 1980 at Birmingham University, a show that included Joy Division's first and only performance of the song "Ceremony", later recorded by New Order and released as their first single. The last song Curtis performed on stage was "Digital". The recording of this performance can be found on the compilation album Still.

In the early hours of 18 May 1980, Curtis hanged himself in his kitchen after having viewed Werner Herzog's film Stroszek and listening to Iggy Pop's The Idiot. At the time of his death, his health was failing as a result of his epilepsy and a hectic touring schedule, and his marriage was falling apart.

Wilson later said, "I'd been warned on a train to London two weeks earlier by Annik [Honoré, Curtis' lover]. I asked her, 'What do you think of the new album.' She goes, 'I'm terrified.' I said, 'What are you terrified of?' She replies, 'Don't you understand? He means it.' And I go, 'No, he doesn't mean it - it's art.' And guess what? He fucking meant it."

Curtis's memorial stone, which is inscribed with "Ian Curtis 18 - 5 - 80" and "Love Will Tear Us Apart", was stolen in July 2008 from the Cheshire cemetery where he is buried.



















Just In Case The World Explodes In 42 Hours..

No comments: